Monday, January 30, 2012

downton abbey



For quite a long time, I've been hearing good things about Downton Abbey, and it sounded like it would be right up my alley (bum DUM bum). It's your typical English period soap opera with an Upstairs Downstairs Remains of the Day Gosford Park sort of thing going on. Let me tell you, LOTS of bitches running around that house, both upstairs and downstairs. Villains, villains, villains, simpletons, and the rest caught in the middle. I love it. I was planning to check out two or three episodes at the most, but ended up watching the entire first season for seven straight hours.

It reminded me of all the snow days that I have spent bundled up in blankets and watching a Pride and Prejudice marathon. After Christmas, these are the only comforting memories I have of winter.

And the above picture? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment