Monday, January 16, 2012

yuppies...yuppies in line

I was reminded of the yuppies anecdote tonight while I was perusing through twitter feeds. I'm not sure why some of my friends find the yuppies-in-line anecdote amusing, but I have to admit, it was fun times. It was almost as funny as the time someone's friend woke up in a ditch with their wallet in their mouth, when someone got the shets on the metro, when a pair of innocents were locked out all night in NYC, or when someone got so sick after a food party, they threw up racing stripes on the side of their car on their drive home. I digress.

Amie and I went to a happy hour...or something. It might have been the time that Mary wanted to go to a random house party where a number of bands were playing, one of which was a Smashing Pumpkins tribute band with a lead singer who looked JUST like Billy Corgan (Amie later told me that Billy Corgan was Mary's Andrew Bird). No, wait...it must have been a happy hour since I had gotten a little a lot tipsy. On the way home, we passed the Clarendon Ballroom where I spotted a long line of people. For some reason this annoyed me, and I rolled down the window and yelled to them,

"YUPPIES!!! YUPPIES IN LIIIIIIIIIIIINE!"

Drunk drive-by and then we went to IHOP.

So the next time you see a bunch of people in line for something preposterous, feel free to yell this, i.e., Georgetown Cupcakes. But I won't get started on that perversion of a dessert fad.

2 comments:

  1. *love*

    "when a pair of innocents were locked out all night in NYC" Good times.

    Speaking of the metro, remember that time Nasreen ran ahead on the metro and had to ride by herself? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the look on her face was priceless.

    ReplyDelete