Tuesday, January 10, 2012

it's the little things



Not to sound like a very girly girl, but one of my favorite parts of my day is sitting on my bed, running one of my favorite movies on television, setting up my lap desk, opening its little drawer full of makeup, and putting on my face. it's probably one of the most relaxing times of the day...second to putting on moisturizer before sleepytime.

This drawer contains the few items I could not leave the house without on my face: champagne eyeshadow, my two shades of blush, pencil eyeliner (for the lower lid), and the most important of them all, my liquid eyeliner. My liquid eyeliner has been my bff since high school, and I should be sad if we were to ever part.



And this box of goodies was a real treat...a Christmas present from my aunt. I remember wanting one of these very badly when I was a little girl; my older cousin had boxes and boxes of these and she would spend hours taking out the little compartments and rearranging them to her liking. They seem to have come back in fashion and I can't help loving them because, as everyone knows, nostalgia has a way with getting the best of me. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment