Sunday, January 15, 2012

nostalgia saturday part two: record party for one



Nostalgia Saturday turned out to be an all day event. After seeing "Beauty and the Beast", I met up with my parents at a used book/dvd/records, etc. store and poked around to see if I could find anything interesting. I found a few jazz albums, a vintage Israeli record with a shockingly pink cover, and a one dollar kitschy vintage Hawaiian record with an instruction booklet on how to dance the hula.

Two more resolutions: learn to hula and collect as many record albums with pink covers.



I also collected a stack of old 45 records from my parents' garage that they had been safekeeping for me. I played the entire stack when I got home and it brought back one particular memory: back in elementary school, I had been sick with strep throat. I was depressed and bored from staying home for so long, all I could do was play these records on my little Cabbage Patch Kids record player. Someone please tell me why I have a copy of "Nadia's Theme" aka the theme song to "The Young and the Restless"?

No comments:

Post a Comment